Tri-Valley Students Prepare for the Upcoming AP Tests

Becca Thom

Senior Tye Klinnert looks over his AP calculus homework while in class. This is the first AP class that Tye has taken.

AP (advanced placement) tests are coming up soon, and the students of Tri-Valley are doing all they can to make sure they get a passing grade. The tests are graded on a scale of zero to five, with five being the best. In order to pass the test and receive the college credit, a student must receive a three or higher on the test.  Senior Tye Klinnert is preparing to take the AP calculus test.

For Klinnert, this is his first AP test that he has ever taken. This hasn’t stopped him from being highly confident in his abilities though. “I think I will get a four on the test,” stated Klinnert. This prediction comes from all the prepping he has done. “We do in-class AP problems, and I look over my past assignments,” said Klinnert. He thinks that all the class prep will really help him when it comes to the AP test. Although he is confident he is doing all he can to prepare, Klinnert still admits he is slightly nervous for the test.

Klinnert chose to take AP calculus because he needs it for the career field that he plans to go into. He also thinks AP classes are a really good idea for high school students. “I think they are a good idea because they give a head start for college and they can really help a lot.” Klinnert will take his AP test on May 5th and will continue to study inside and outside of class in order to prepare for it.