Senior Spotlight

Becca Thom

BurrgraffMariahSR

Mariah Burggraff was brought into this world on November 20, 1997, by Josh and Melissa Burggraff. Burggraff has six other siblings to keep her company: Aleah age 17, Lincoln age 15, Austyn age 13, Ledger age 11, Sophie age 6, and Ozlee age 1. When it comes to school activities, Burggraff has been heavily involved throughout high school. She participates in NHS, FBLA, softball, quiz bowl, band, color guard, and is a wrestling manager. Her favorite hobbies include reading, baking, and playing the piano and saxophone. If Burggraff could have dated anyone in high school it would have been “Me, Myself and I because they are all pretty amazing.” Her favorite memory is going to TEC with some of her favorite people. When it comes to underclassmen, her advice for them is, “Try to be nice to everyone and make others happy, but don’t forget to make yourself happy too.” Also, her favorite underclassman is Damaris Waldner, but there are many more to name. Her favorite teacher is Mrs. Fluth, and her favorite school lunch is quesadillas. Burggraff’s future plans include going to SDSU and working towards becoming a pharmacist.

MoffatSR

Courtney Moffatt was blessed to Jamie and Shane Moffatt on August 10, 1998. She has one sibling, Chase Moffatt who is 22. Activities she’s involved in is being a “full time blonde” and her favorite hobby is listening to music. Moffatt’s favorite memory is Prom 2016. If she could have dated anyone in high school it would have been Sam Mader. Her favorite underclassman is Nathan Ewer, and her advice to underclassmen is “to avoid upperclassmen.” Her favorite teachers include Mrs. Fluth and Mrs. Dewitt.  Moffatt’s future plans include graduating from high school and attending the University of South Dakota.

MohamadSR

Adan Mohamed was born on January 1, 1998 to Osman and Makay. Mohamed has eight siblings: Hawa who is 17, Sitey who is 16, Mohamed who is 14, Hani who is 13, Faduma, who is eight, Halima, who is six, Batula, who is five, and Ibrahim, who is three. His favorite hobbies include making music, playing basketball, and working. If he could have dated anyone in high school it would have been Paige, Micah, or Hannah. His favorite memory is being in speech class. For underclassmen, his favorite one is Said Ibrahim. His advice to them is “Work hard, ask questions, and give your best.” His favorite teacher is Mrs. VanDerVliet, and his favorite school lunch is pizza. Mohamed plans to attend either college or technical school and pursue a career as a software support specialist or a social worker.