Prom Recap

Carter Hausmann

Senior Cassidy Norgaard escorted by Junior Connor Farr

Rustic Chic prom theme consists of mason jars, gazebos, and lanterns.

Prom is a day for girls to dress up in their fanciest dresses and boys to look dapper in their suits. For Tri-Valley students this day was Saturday the 9th held at Tri-Valley High School.

Prom started on the Friday before with the set up. Forty-seven of the juniors took on the task of decorating the high school gym for Saturday’s Grand March. The prom theme this year was Rustic Chic which consisted of flowers, mason jars, gazebos, and different wooden structures. The set up started around 8 in the morning and lasted until 4:30 stated Mrs. Dewitt. Dewitt, the art teacher at Tri-Valley, was the supervisor and mastermind of the whole operation. “I was very happy with how the gym turned out,” said Mrs. Dewitt when asked how she thought the gym looked for prom.

On Saturday, the day started with all of the prom-goers getting ready for Grand March. Once grand march started at around 7:30, the couples walked through the rustic chic gym, stopping to pose for pictures at various stops. Once Grand March was over and all of the couples went through the gym everyone filled into the commons for pictures before the dance. After several pictures, the prom-goers went into the high school gym for the dance.

At midnight, the after prom put on by the junior class parents started. After prom consisted of many activities including Orb Ball Soccer, which caused some injuries, canvas painting led by Samantha Kasowski, a photo booth, two inflatables, black light dodgeball and dart ball, and to finish the night there was a hypnotist. “The hypnotist was my favorite part because it was funny to see my classmates do funny things” stated senior Cassidy Norgaard. After the hypnotist, the night ended with the junior class parents handing out prizes to all of the people at prom. This year’s prom was a great event orchestrated by the junior class and parents.